This is one of the most awaited celebrations in San Jose, Costa Rica as it officially starts Christmas season, it’s a month long celebration they called the “Festival of Lights” or Festival de la Luz as the locals call it which was celebrated every first week of December.
Learn more about the festivals of Costa Rica.
People can delight their eyes seeing lighted floats, street dancers and fireworks. The parade starts in the National Gym and ends in Plaza Democracia in San Jose.
• Homes and business are decorated with lights and “Portales” or Nativity Scenes which are all unique and colorful.
• The Best Portales is awarded at the end of the competition which is every 22nd of December.
• Delight your eyes with the parade of jugglers, stilt walkers and cheerleading squads entertaining the crowds of watchers.
• The parade starts at 6pm but you can see people as early as 3pm already looking for the best viewing spot.
• White confetti’s are thrown out just like a snow falling down throughout the parade.
Lee sobre las divertidas celebraciones en Costa Rica.
- Photo By: Cornice