Buses are by far the cheapest and most efficient way to get around the Central American Region but let me tell you not all of them.
There are some great bus companies where you can buy your ticket in advance, they are very comfortable really cheap. So there is no real reason to take a chicken bus, and here I have some more reasons to avoid them:
- You are pushed and pulled the whole way
- They tend to stop very frequently
- Because of all the stops it takes forever to get anywhere
- The door is always opened so thieves take them very often
- They are usually so crowded that they don’t smell very good