Our day started off with my going to the knee doctor. I had one of those stupid falls in my driver. I got off the scooter, and fell down a whole which wasn’t properly closed.
I hurt my shin, since that’s the leg that fell into the whole, but to stop my fall I fell directly on my knee. It was beaten up, but nothing major. So I continued with the exercise.
Luis (my trainer) kept asking if my knee was ok, and I kept saying no worries. So he continued pushing me like he always did. We walked up and DOWN to el cerro, which is arduous for a normal person, but someone with bad knees is the kiss of knee death. But of course, I didn’t read any of the signs.
Then at the gym, he started to pile on the weights, since I’m dying to get my legs toned.
Finally, I’m putting K to bed one night and placed my knee into a weird position and BAM it went out. No idea what the fuck happened. But the pain was horrible, and then painful to the touch.
Obviously, I had to stop doing everything. And called a ‘specialist’.
We arrived to the doctor, luckily, to be told I simply need to rest it and not do anything else to the knee. So I’m out of the gym for 3 weeks. Regardless, we finished early in the city and I wanted to take advantage of L being here so I don’t have to go to Pricesmart on my own with the kids.
We go through it bionic style, only to get to the counter and L forgot the debit card at home. Yes, anger was definitely a huge component to my morning.
So what do you do with lemons – lemonade – from a very easy bad to a very quick good. I didn’t exactly make a mil off of a huge problem.
Regardless, I decided to get the kids from school and head back to Pricesmart and go bowling since L is only with us for another 3 days, it would be a good way to spend the day with the kids.
We arrived to Pricesmart in a huge rush. Everything seems to be running around. Main reason, we didn’t want to spend too much time inside due to the traffic that we can encounter going to the bowling alley.
So we finished in super sonic speed, and speeded over to the bowling alley. Now, we have 3 hours to kill since the traffic going back home is painful.
We decided to start milking it as much as possible. The one hour bowling lane special includes pizza and is almost $40. So L and I spent a whole lot of time keeping the kids occupied with the video games and discussing how we’re going to milk it with playing bowling first. Then sit down in the cafeteria area eating the pizza.
Finally milked it for one hour, go up the person to pay and we are told that all lanes are closed for the night.
We were like ‘WHAT!!!’.
It’s the fucking bowling federation.
No signs, no one told us a thing. Did they think we go to bowling alleys to play with the video games, – without buying any tokens, so basically just looking at the screens?
Not at all pleased. The kids are desperate for bowling. Well K not so much since he has no idea what it is, but kept on saying ‘Mowling’ along with his big bro, just for kicks and giggles. My giggles mainly, to him it was very serious!
So what do you do?
We decided to hit our favorite pizza place in the Capital. Plus, last time we were there, I was pretty pissed off that I didn’t bring my camera. So it was the perfect scenerio for us to go, so I can also take a ton of pics.
This is a great place, themed like a wild west town in the midst of a dessert from the 1800′s in the US. Super cool. But the food is even better! This bought us another full hour.
Now we worked our way over to the only other bowling alley in all of Guatemala – Tikal Futura.
This place is not at all as classy as Metro Bowl, which is a weird way to explain it all, since bowling (in my mind) is never ever classy. So you can imagine how not classy it is.
First of all, the music is outrageously loud! And not at all good.
We decided to buy the half our option, since how long can the kids really play for. But with that, I became all rushed again, and didn’t want to waste any time at all. Which for means causing way too much chaos, which is exactly what I did!
Our Chaos in nutshell:
1. K threw the bowling bowl down the lane. But it was sooo slow, that I decided to run and get it.
2. I had no idea there was wax on the floor and I totally flew down the alley, and managed to rip the skin off my hand.
3. One of the attendants ran over to fix the lane stoppers, which should have been there in the first place for kids. While I’m freaking out on him that my hand is bleeding and I need something to stop it.
4. He had no intention of helping me with the hand cause he was stewing over the fact that I ran there in the first place. While I was totally freaking out on him, as though it’s his fault.
5. L decided at that moment to leave us and go look for band aids for me, like I can take care of 2 kids, bowling with a bleeding hand. I told him to stay put.
6. I ran to the counter screaming I need something for my hand. And to make our time longer since we just lost so much time with my hand. When all along it was my fault.
7. The attendant brought me over rubbing alcohol and this weird rag like material that they use to clean oil off of cars. Not sure if it was priorly used for that specific purpose.
8. Once again, I was fuming that they can bring me something that retarded in the first place.
9. Everyone around us got a free show!
Finally, we were able to enjoy the bowling. In the end, the kids had an awesome time. Me and L had zero bowling participation cause K wanted to throw each one, and it was hard enough to convince him to let B play.
At the end, we got our time. And heading home, if you can believe it, it was around 8 pm, there were still tons of cars on the road. Not really stop and go, but traffic. Man, this country is just nothing but crazy driving cars!