Lately snowboarding and skiing has become a popular family vacation. It is a great adventure that can be had in Europe, North America and in the Southern American countries of Chile and Argentina. If your and your family are adrenaline lovers and are thinking of having a new adventure a skiing trip should be on the top of your list. You will have tons of fun , surrounded by a beautiful scenery, also most resorts are packed with activities you can do after skiing and great food, so you can relax in style after a day on the slopes.
The thing is that these kind of vacations can be expensive, and never more on your first trip. Because you don’t have all the equipment, and you need to buy it for everyone in the family. There are some things that you really do need, but there are ways to keep the costs down.
Here are a 5 tips that will help you make it to the mountains without breaking the bank.
Photo By: girolame
1. On your first ski trip, before you figure out if you’re going to be skiing again, it’s a great idea to borrow things from friends who have skied before. This way you can avoid making big investments in clothes or equipment that you might not use again. If you are going to buy anything new, make sure it’s stuff you’ll get use out of at home as well as on your trip. For example, you could buy a decent jacket from Superdry that you, your partner or your kids will get use out of at home as well as on vacation. But it’s better to borrow some salopettes from a friend until you’re sure you’ll need them more than once. This way you can spread the cost of all your gear over the next vacations.
2. Depending on the time of year and where you are going, the mountains can be really cold. So there’s no getting away from the need for lots of layers. There are a lot of expensive base layers on the market, but on a first trip make sure to take a lot of warm sweaters for all the family. If there’s anything you already own that you can use to layer up, use those instead of buying new things. It’s the same with gloves and hats – if you can borrow these or use things you’ve bought before you’ll save a lot of money on every family member.
3. Some things can also borrow are eye protection (sunglasses or goggles). But you must buy warm, waterproof footwear that you can wear when you’re not in your ski boots. But if you already own walking boots these will be absolutely fine. There may be no need to buy a brand new pair of boots for every family member, so check what you’ve already got before hitting the stores.
4. It’s also worth checking out second hand clothing websites like Freecycle, and wholesale clothes shops. You can pick up some real bargains on previous season’s ski wear this way, this can be the difference between staying in budget and missing out on the holiday of a lifetime!
5. One last great tip for stocking up on ski wear – once you’re there the chances are you’ll fall in love with the sport, and at that point it’s worth checking the shops out there for sale and bargain ski gear. You can often find last season’s jackets and pants heavily discounted and pick them up.
So borrow as much as you can from friends that have already caught the ski bug; gradually build up your gear collection over several trips; search for sale items and second hand bargains; only buy new stuff if you know you’ll use it at home as well as on vacation. And one last thing – have an amazing time! You’ll never look back once you discover the freedom of skiing and snowboarding.
It is hard not noticing how more and more people are turning to the internet for shopping, instead of visiting the actual places. That is because it is a lot easier. You don’t even have to leave home. It is also a great way find deals, the thing is knowing where to find them.
It is just a lot more practical to look through tons of different websites than going from one store to another. There are also offers and discount codes that you can’t find at stores. A common question among new buyer s is: But how do I get the best prices?
Photo By: Retirement Calculator
Here are a couple of easy things you can do to find the best deals in the internet:
1. If you are looking for a specific product and can’t find a good deal on it wait! Be patient. There are promotions coming out daily on different sites for the same product. So don’t think that you have to get the item.
2. That first tip is going to work better if you already know what you want nut most importantly when you want it. Of course you can’t plan it all but, planning these things ahead gives you time to look around for offers or coupon codes. It also saves a lot of time, because you don’t have to spend hours looking around for something you might like.
3. If you want to make this the main way you shop. You can also set up a mail account that you can sign up for newsletters form the sites you like the most. This way you are always getting the latest deals, making easier for you to compare prices and it is free.
4. Don’t ever forget adding the shipping costs to the price of your items. If you are saving in gas and time by staying home, it means you don’t want to spend as much. The item’s price might look great but when you add the shipping price it can all change, so be careful! Also there are some great that offer free shipping, so keep your eyes open to that.
5. Before buying anything that might be pricey or if you are not 100% sure, go to one of the many sites in there are out there made for discussing different topics and look for reviews, or even ask. This is a great way to learn about what people thing of the product, before you buy it. It is easier to find the high quality things that fit your needs at a lower cost.
6. After deciding on what product you want to buy, it’s time to start the search. But don’t just buy it on the page that comes up first. There are tons of pages with different prices. In time you will learn which sites are no good for you and discard them. However give them all a change if you are a beginner, it is all part of the game.
7. The costumer service of the sites you buy from will be your best friend. Don’t be afraid to ask a hundred times until you are sure. You don’t want to get stuff delivered and notice it wasn’t what you needed.
8. And last but not least, have fun! These services are meant for you to avoid the stress of stores and to provide a better experience from their home.
I’m sure there are many other ways of making the most of your money when you buy online. But if you start by following basic recommendations, just like the ones above, you will become an expert internet shopper in no time.
There are hotels for families, groups of friends, honeymoons, lodges and bed and breakfasts in Costa Rica. But, there are so many great options that there is no easy way to know which ones are the best for your needs.
Get more fun facts about traveling to Costa Rica.
Here is a list that might help you decide where you want to stay in:
1. Casa Bella Rita
Casa Bella Rita is an intimate boutique hotel located very close to the international airport in San Jose. This bed and breakfast offers 6 beautifully decorated rooms. The place is run by Steve and Rita, who are the owners and breakfast is made to order, there is no menu or buffet.
2. Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens
Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens offers 24 luxurious, private casitas scattered along beautiful gardens. Each casita has beautiful views of the active Arenal Volcano which gives amazing lava shows almost every night. This is one of the best hotels in the Arenal area.
3. Grano de Oro Hotel
I consider this as the best hotel there is to start your Costa Rican honeymoon because of its location. Grano de Oro Hotel is located in San Jose, place that you will visit without a doubt because it’s where the international airport is. The hotel offers luxurious rooms and suites beautifully decorated and very private. This hotel is that it is a non-smoking hotel.
4. The Springs Hot Springs Resort
The Springs Hot Springs Resort is located in Arenal and has the most amazing views from Arenal Volcano in the area plus natural hot springs, a spa and a wildcat rescue center. They offer rooms and villas, and they all have great Arenal volcano views and a wonderful decoration.
Encuentra más información sobre lo divertido que puede ser viajar a Costa Rica.
I hope these hotel recommendations helped you pick the hotels you will be staying at on your next vacation in Costa Rica.
For More Great Info Get Your Book NOW!
Coban, Guatemala is quite known among travelers as the home base for their adventures in the region. It is also a very important social and commercial hub for all the surrounding towns, villages, and tourist destinations. Cobán is also the gateway for some of Guatemala’s best eco- and adventure-tourism destinations and activities.
Many years ago when the Spaniards founded this town it was called “Ciudad Imperial”. Today it is a 4,000ft. town where you will find lots of hotels, restaurants, internet cafes and bars.
Discover other fun Guatemala destinations.
Near Coban you will see many cardamom plantations. This is the main industry of the area. This was brought by German immigrants in the mid 20th century. Cardamom and coffee are grown in this cool, moist mountain climate. Today, cardamom is Guatemala’s fourth-most-important cash crop behind coffee, bananas, and sugar.
Cardamom is an important ingredient in the curries and cuisine of India, where it’s also believed to be a medicinal herb and an antidote for snake and scorpion venom. In Scandinavia, the spice is used to flavor bread and pastries, and across the Middle East, it’s often added to coffee and thought to be a powerful aphrodisiac.
There are many places to visit here but the most popular ones are the natural turquoise pools of Semuc Champey and the huge complex of the Lanquin Caves. But that’s not close to being the only places to visit in the area.
Here are some other ideas on what to visit:
• Candelaria Caves
• Biotopo del Quetzal
• El Calvario Church
• Las Victorias National Park
• Mayan Prince Museum
• Finca Santa Margarita
• Vivero Verapaz (orchid garden)
Continúa aprendiendo sobre los centros turísticos de Guatemala.
Coban and the surrounding area is filled with a couple of the best attractions of Guatemala, mainly natural beauties. The terrain is a bit rough but it is worth the effort.
Note: It is recommended to use a tall car or SUV for exploring the area.
For More Great Info Get Your Book NOW!
We are planning a trip to Miami, Florida! Just starting the search has been not only overwhelming but truly exciting. It’s one of my favorite things in the world to do – plan our family travel! And Miami seems to have everything you can possibly imagine to do.
First thing’s first though – Miami Accommodations, Florida?
Since traveling as a family, I normally look for either condos or apartments (basically, home away from home style). But I’m always open to any ideas. While doing my search I found Wimdu. They have a huge selection of ALL sorts of lodging – studios to full villas on the Ocean. And the prices vary from super affordable to Donald Trump style.
Ok, so I peaked into the Donald Trump style apartments (more than I should have) along with options that fit my budget. I was so impressed with the different offerings of cabins, apartments, houses, villas, condos and hotel rooms, and even tree houses!
For example, if you are a luxury junkie (like me) check out South Beach, Miami and its many boutique hotels right on the ocean. If, on the other hand, you prefer something that offers lots of space, take a peak around the many beach houses offered for short and longer stays, these are perfect for families or larger groups. For tighter budgets there are also a number of cheaper and smaller studios, apartments and even hotels that are still comfortable.
What did I end up picking – well as I mentioned earlier, I’m big on apartment styles, but in this case, I decided to go with a luxury style boutique hotel right on the beach! Who can resist ocean views, a pool to keep my kids and husband busy while I chill out on a lounge chair in the heart of Miami sipping on a tasty tropical drink – with plenty of alcohol!
Oh, and by the way, did I mention that Wimdu.com’s prices are really affordable for what we chose. It’s less than if you head over to the hotel itself. And, their customer service was the huge attraction for me. They make sure you get what you want, even if one choice is booked.
So stayed tuned for me to tell you all about our Miami Beach experience!