Las Vega is a well-known destination for everyone looking for a good party. For that reason it tends to be most popular among the younger crowd. What a lot of people don’t know is that this is also a city (and the region around it) filled with all sorts of different places to visit that cater to all age groups and interests.
5 Must Visit Las Vegas Attractions
1. Explore Red Rock Canyon National Park – Red Rock Canyon features a one-way 13-mile scenic drive. In the national park you will find a Visitor Center with tons of useful information and interpretation about all of the activities that can be done while visiting it. Some of them are: hiking and trails, wildlife watching, identifying the local vegetation, learning about geology and cultural, among others.
2. Check out a theater show – With a bit of research you will learn that most of the larger casinos have some kind of theater. Every night you will be able to find shows that go from classical theater shows, to musical shows from some of the best singers, some others showcase modern dance and then there is the legendary Cirque du Soleil which usually has a bit of everything mixed up in one show.
3. Do some gambling at the Casinos – This is a fun activity that you can do during the day or before hitting the bars. It is one of the main attractions of the city that you can enjoy even if you are not here for a perpetual party. Plus, before playing in the local casinos you can practice on various casino sites on the internet. That way you will be ready to enjoy all of the gambling.
4. Visit is Unique Museums – Everywhere you go you will probably find a history museum, a natural museum and some other showing the local culture. Las Vegas has them too, however there is also a number of museums with unique topics such as The Mob Museum, telling all about the impact of organized crime in the history of the city; The Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, showcasing tons of artifacts retrieved from the ship; Madame Tussauds, with tons of wax museums of different celebrities and the Erotic Heritage Museum
5. Walk across Hoover Dam – This is a National Historic Landmark and the highest concrete dam in the Western Hemisphere, standing at more than 725 feet above the Colorado River. Aside from being incredibly important for local communities (produces 4 billion kilowatts of electricity a year) it is a major touristic attraction. Tons of tours are being offered on it. You can take a walk across it while enjoying the stunning views or take a helicopter tour over it.
Which of these 5 attractions would you visit on your trip to Las Vegas?