I originally got the W Astra Jacket for our travels as a reliable, practical jacket for different climates. But it’s now my go to jacket for all occasions.
Living in Guatemal,a the majority of my ‘important’ clothes for traveling have to be ordered online since there aren’t any shops that I can go to here. And if there are, they are usually so ridiculously overpriced that it’s cheaper for me to get the product shipped to a PO box and then get it sent here.
Normally, when I do this kind of shopping, I’m not looking for super sexy clothes that will make me feel like a rock-star, but more for practical purposes.
I have to say, this jacket is everything in one. First of all it has layering pieces that double as a light jacket for the cold, secondly it’s made of a mix of soft herringbone jersey with PrimaLoft® insulated giving me all the comfort I need in the evenings and water repellent.
But the best part, it’s super fitting, thin – even though it’s padded and insulated it certainly doesn’t look that way. And it’s sexy. Seriously, it has a gorgeous collar, a fun zip up in the front.
I wear it for all occassions these days, travel, going out, even some formal events.
– High, soft, and comfortable padded collar
– Drawcord adjustment on top of collar
– Snap closure on front collar
– Hand pockets with YKK® zipper closure
– Thumbholes on sleeve ends
– Slightly curved hem
NOTE: PrimaLoft® is a synthetic insulation technology, offering superior thermal properties with excellent water repellency.
More About Helly Hansen Shop
- The story of Helly Hansen started in 1877 when Norwegian captain Helly Juell Hansen and his wife Maren Margarethe began producing oilskin jackets, trousers, sou’westers and tarpaulins.
- Over the first five years they sold approximately 10,000 pieces.
- In 1878 the company won a diploma for excellence at the Paris Expo, and began exporting its products.
- In the 20th century, Helly Hansen made several breakthroughs in product development to complete the layering principle today known as the 3-Layer System™.
- The original fleece, the fiberpile, was developed in 1961 and has been perfected for almost 50 years since.
- This new insulation layer was warm, lightweight and fast-drying, ideal for wearing under the protective layer.
- The layering story was completed in the 1970s, with the development of LIFA, a fiber that keeps the skin dry and warm by pushing moisture away from the body, making it the ideal base-layer.
- In 1980, the Helly Tech technology was launched, using both hydrophilic and micro-porous technology, which meant the apparel was both waterproof and breathable.
Address: Munkedamsveien 35, 6fl, N-0250 Oslo
Phone: +47 80014319