Boston Food Trucks – They Will Surprise You!

Eating out at fancy-schmancy restaurants is fantastic and a dream for most parents traveling with young kids. We always fit in two or three dining out adventures and they are great fun. But nothing beats eating at food stands and trucks.

I hunt food trucks everywhere we visit, Boston is no different.

Great Finds – Boston Food Trucks

Food trucks and vendors are spread all over the city. However, we were able to find something for everyone around the Boston Commons area.

Meat Lovers

The kids needed their hot dogs.

9260686517 ff5c2d9647 z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Hot Dogs

But they weren’t just hot dogs, yummy Italian sausages which filled my sons’ bellies.

9260688661 0d1bc21bfa z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Sausage Food Truck

Vegetarian Lovers

My brother, a Boston Local, introduced us to Clover Food Lab Truck.

9260692349 a9d3c222f9 z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

It’s a 100% vegetarian food truck, which is not an easy feat. I have NEVER tasted anything this good. I might not be privy to good street food, being used to eating on the streets of Latin America.  So needless to say, the falafel I got from them was nothing I had ever had before.

9263456180 20cc87b13e z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Falafel Heaven

I ended up over indulging myself and eating two in one sitting. I was so full, I barely moved the rest of the day.

9260672163 606d12208c z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Food stands added an extra zest to our rainy out door afternoon and I would eat it again and again!

9263459022 86e5483a3f z Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Having Fun in the Rain

minilogo Boston Food Trucks   They Will Surprise You!

Be Sociable, Share!

Article by Marina Kuperman Villatoro

Marina Kuperman Villatoro CEO of TravelExperta.com, a travel resource site to inspire families to travel with kids of all ages. Marina has been an expat 10+ years in Central America raising 2 boys in a multicultural, trilingual household. She travels all over the world with her family to give first hand experiences of where to eat, stay and play with kids. Needless to say, it’s never boring! Join Marina on Facebook and Twitter for more unique and boutique family travel!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

20 Responses to Boston Food Trucks – They Will Surprise You!

1. Jennifer says:

The sausages sound so good!
    Jennifer recently posted..Tips for Photographing the Northern LightsMy Profile

2. Larissa says:

There are some cities where food trucks have been raised to an art form. I’ve found that anywhere with a major university usually has great (and creative) food trucks. Boston is certainly a big college town, hence the food trucks. My hometown of Philadelphia is the same way.

Oh, and could you please pass me some of that falafel? MMMMM!
    Larissa recently posted..Free things to do in DublinMy Profile

3. YUM. I love food trucks!! That falafel looks incredible!

4. Another great one is called “Frozen Hoagies” and features freshly made ice cream sandwiches. Yuuuuum!
    Lillie – @WorldLillie recently posted..The #1 Hotel in the World: Best Hawaii Babymoon EverMy Profile

5. Food trucks are so much fun! I haven’t tried the Boston ones yet but maybe some day!
    Ellen Christian recently posted..Copycat Recipe Bacon Temptation OmeletteMy Profile

6. Robert says:

Look forward to visiting Boston soon from the west coast of Canada. So much history and the food trucks look great! Thanks for sharing the article and photos!
    Robert recently posted..Gr8 Travel Tips Photo Den – Firefighters of BCMy Profile

7. Does 100% vegetarian mean vegan? Or so they serve dairy/egg? I’m vegan and LOVE vegan trucks.
    Kate @30Traveler recently posted..Cinnamon Snail Vegan Food Truck NYCMy Profile

8. There’s a reason food trucks are taking over the US. Yum!
    Terry at Overnight New York recently posted..Ace Hotel: Music to Help Kids Get BetterMy Profile

9. Abby says:

Someday I’ll get back to Boston again! Am loving the US American food craze. :)
    Abby recently posted..My first good-bye: to the magazine I love!My Profile

10. Andrea says:

We walked all over Boston on Thursday and I only saw one food truck :( Looks so yummy
    Andrea recently posted..Maine’s State and National ParksMy Profile

11. I was in Boston last year for the fisherman’s festival – incredible food! I had cannolis as my birthday cake and washed it down with Sam Adams and limoncello!
    Cat of Sunshine and Siestas recently posted..Eating Coruña: The City’s Best RestaurantsMy Profile

12. Wow, a 100% vegetarian food truck- great find! With low overhead, food trucks seem like a great way for small business owners to bring their goods to the people. A delicious win-win all the way around!
    Mary @ Green Global Travel recently posted..MEXICO: Jason deCaires Taylor’s Stunning Cancun Underwater MuseumMy Profile

13. Dale says:

The many things I would do to see that Clover lab truck outside where we’re staying right now are utterly criminal.

It’s been too long since we last had some decent falafel, going on four or five months.

14. thank you for sharing this.
    Gabi (The Nomadic Family) recently posted..Things To Pack for the Annapurna and Your Regular Family VacationMy Profile