Monteverde is a unique area in Costa Rica filled with tons of different animal species and lots of different orchids. It is also a place for adventurers and people looking for luxurious hotels.
Check out some of the adventures waiting for you in Monteverde
1. Go on a Canopy Tour: It is an exciting adventure that will take you along zip lines on the Monteverde canopy. Where you will see lots of wildlife. This is the thing to do in Costa Rica.
2. Hanging Bridges: In them you get one of the most spectacular views of the area. These tours take place in the forest and take you for a relaxing hike along trails and huge bridges over the forest.
3. Sky Tram: This is what I like to call the relaxed version of the canopy tour. In it you will travel along the forest canopy sitting in gondolas. This allows you to see animals hiding in the trees.
4. The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve: Here you can explore the cloud forest and learn about its flora and fauna. This is a great place for a relaxing hiking tour. This tour is also famous among birdwatchers
5. The San Luis Waterfall: For a small entrance fee you can enjoy hike through the forest to the waterfall. That is because this is a beautiful waterfall located in private property.
6. Horseback Riding Tour: This is a very scenic and relaxing tour. The most common horseback riding tour of the Monteverde area is the one that takes you to the San Luis Waterfall.
7. Orchid Garden: Right now they have more than 450 different species including the smallest orchid in the world. This is a project that has one of the biggest orchid collections in Costa Rica.
8. Coffee Tour: It is a tour along an authentic coffee farm where excellent coffee is harvested and processed. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about how coffee is made.
These are just a few of the most fun adventures to do in and around the Monteverde Reserve to be had in the area for all ages. So dare to try some of these and I guarantee you will have a great time!