Northern Beaches of Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast
This area of Costa Rica has so many beautiful white sanded beaches, it is said that this area has some of the best beaches of Costa Rica. Because of its natural beauty it has attracted the touristic industry in the way of five star hotels, golf courses, luxury spas and fantastic restaurants. It is also home to some of the most famous surf breaks of the country.
Because of its popularity is one of the most accessible areas of the country. Plus it is surrounded with attractions like: the scenic Tempisque River Bridge, vibrant mud-pits of Rincon de la Vieja and the impressive diving specks of Coco Island.
The area has a great weather of around 80°F year round. But the best months to come here are between November and May.
Get useful resources for visiting Costa Rica.
Things you can’t miss in the different areas of the North Pacific Region:
The Gold Coast
* Excellent resorts and spas
* Santa Rosa National Park
* Surf camp and professional surf instruction
* A tour to see the endangered leatherback turtle lay her eggs on Playa Grande
* Getting a hole-in-one at one of Costa Rica’s best golf courses
Liberia and the Surrounding Area
* Take a dip in the mud pits at Rincon de la Vieja
* The Sabanero (cowboy) culture and horseback riding. Take hacienda ranch tours where the greater part of the country’s cattle thrive is located.
* Rincon de la Vieja, active volcano
Southern Nicoya Peninsula
* Glorious sunsets at any one of the peninsula’s beaches, many of which are secluded and often deserted
* The Olive Ridley sea turtle at Ostional Wildlife Refuge
* Surfing in Malpias, or surf lessons in Samara
Encuentra información sobre hoteles en las mejores playas de Costa Rica.
This region, just as all the other regions of Costa Rica is a beautiful gem filled with fun things to do waiting for travelers and adventurers. So don’t you miss it!