Antigua Guatemala is a small colonial city in Guatemala. It is very popular among travelers because of its beauties. It looks like tike hasn’t passed through its buildings. However as it happens in most major tourist attractions in Guatemala, things tend to be over prized. So here are some fun adventures to be had in Antigua that will help you save:
Get info about things to do in Antigua Guatemala.
So take a look at some cheap and some other free activity options for families in Antigua:
1. If you are traveling with kids and looking for a safe and fun place for you, Hotel Porta Antigua is a good option. They have a great swimming pool, a play ground and on Sundays a kids club. The best part is that you don’t need to stay there to be able to enjoy this, just pay a small fee.
2. If on the other hand you prefer cultural activities or art exhibits visit Cooperación Española. This is an organization from the government of Spain to help improve education in Guatemala. They also have a great library and most of their services are for free.
3. Another fun activity you can get lost in for hours is to visit one of the many handcraft markets of Antigua. They are filled beautiful, colorful and sometimes weird items for sale.
4. There is another great playground for kids it is located next to San Sebastian Park. This is a public park but is also gated and has comfortable benches for you to seat and relax as the kids play.
5. Antigua is filled with churches; everywhere you look you see a church. Most are still active and hold beautiful art work in them, but some other are nothing but ruins. These ruins have been restored and turned into beautiful gardens. You can explore them for only $2.
Encuentra hoteles en Antigua Guatemala.
So for everyone that is planning to visit guatemala, these are just some of the cheap and free things to do with kids in Antigua, but keep your eyes open! This tiny city has surprises in every corner; you might find another great option.