Puerto Viejo is probably one of the cutest places to visit on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. It’s vegetation, tropical jungle, laid-back culture, gorgeous beaches, great surf and peacefulness is making this area a popular hot spot.
Amongst the jungle lodges and small hotels, Banana Azul Hotel outshines them all.
9 reasons why you HAVE TO stay at this Costa Rica Beach Hotel, Banana Azul, while in Puerto Viejo:
1. Location, Location, Location – this is one of the only hotels that is literally on the beach!
2. Pool – again, Banana Azul tops the charts with being one of the only hotels in the area with a pool!
3. Prices – the rooms are so adorable, most have amazing views yet the prices are still below $100 per night – including breakfast
4. Friendliness – I have been emailing back and forth with David, the manager. Normally, the emails with hotels are friendly and when you get there, they aren’t as friendly! But David was even more fun in person and he had a gorgeous welcome basket for me – THANK YOU!
5. Chill out time – I love hammocks and this hotel is literally littered with them everywhere – in your room, the dining room, the beach and in the yard.
6. Welcome drink – you gotta love when they welcome you with a drink of your choice to get you in the mood!
7. Proximity – It’s walking distance to Puerto Viejo, but still far away from the noise. The only sounds you’ll hear are the animals in the jungle around you.
8. Convenience – the tour company is right on premises, so you don’t have to worry about organizing anything in town, you can do it right there!
9. Fun – I ended up spending the night in the dining room chatting with people and then an even more pleasant time swaying on my hammock on my private porch – it was definitely paradise!