Remember this – traveling to Cuba – YOU HAVE TO BE FLEXIBLE!
There is a saying that I actually rarely listen to or use in my life, but for Cuba it just seemed too appropriate:
If you want to make God laugh, tell him (or her) your plans!
That sums up your planning for Cuba.
I definitely recommend to do the basics for planning your Havana trips:
1. Book your Flights
2. Hotel or Casa Particular arrangements
3. Have a list of what you want to see and visit while traveling to Cuba
4. Have back up hotels – just in case the one you booked is NOT at all what you expected
5. Bring enough cash for the time you are going to be there and then add an extra 25% – there are no ATM machines. Unless you are doing the all-inclusive route (very few options in Havana) or staying at the top end hotels – credit cards are not accepted!
6. Have enough diapers and formula solutions for your baby.
7. Don’t get disappointed if you were expecting something else – you’re on vacation.
8. Go with the Cuban Flow!