Cuba is the largest island of the Caribbean Sea and a place with such a turbulent yet interesting history. Also when you talk about this country you can’t forget about the unique culture of its people. There are so many facts about Cuba to discover!
There is no other place on Earth like Cuba. Here are some facts about Cuba as to why this country is so Unique!
1. Cubans love kids – yet they only have one per family.
2. Cuba has practically no crime.
3. The National sport is Baseball.
4. After the Special Period of 1990’s and the fall of the Soviet Bloc Cuba became a Socialist nation.
5. Cubans are allowed to own 2 houses in all of Cuba – one in Havana and one either on the beach or in the country.
6. Hitchhiking isn’t only legal but it is obligatory for government officials to pick you up and give you a ride
7. No Cuban will ever worry about schooling, food or health – they are all readily available and free.
8. Cuba has the lowest HIV cases in all of Latin America less than 3000 cases per year.
9. Havana has 15 districts and over five million people living here.
10. Havanas are cigars and cigarros are cigarettes
11. Cubans have the highest life expectancy in Latin America and North America
12. Cuba has the highest doctor-to-population ratio of any country in the world.
13. The Bacardi Rum family is actually Cuban. They ran to Puerto Rico after Castro’s takeover.
For More Great Info Get Your Book NOW!