A long winding dirt road off of the Pan American Highway of Costa Rica will take you to Monteverde. Once you are there the first thing you will see is the beautiful town of Santa Elena where you will find everything you could want from a small town.
Don’t forget to check out more details about the things to do in Monteverde, Costa Rica.
There’s no other way to describe this area but as an alive natural history museum. Here you will find a wide diversity of wildlife and flora. Its beautiful valleys, mystical rain forest and green mountains give this area its name. In Monteverde you will find the towns of Santa Elena, Cerro Plano and Monteverde plus Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve and Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
Monteverde is one of the most complete areas in Costa Rica. It offers adventure, relaxation, beautiful green scenes, and a unique nature experience. There is so much to do in this part of the country that you won’t know where to start.
So Much to See
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve
- Children’s Eternal Forest (el Bosque Eterno de los Ninos)
- San Luis Waterfall
- Natural History Museums (Frog Pond, Serpentarium, Butterfly Garden, Hummingbird Gallery, Orchid Garden, Bat Jungle, World of Insects, Jewels of the Rainforest Insect Exhibit)
Descubre algunos hoteles en Monteverde desde donde podrás disfrutar los encantos del bosque nuboso.
So Much To Do
- Canopy tours
- Hanging Bridges and Aerial Tram
- ATV tours
- Bird & Wildlife Watching
- Coffee Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Museums and Exhibits
- Swimming in the San Luis Waterfall
Where is it?
104 miles north west from San Jose
See the map
Moderate & cool
Temperature: of 65 to 75°F with 75% humidity
Photos By: Nao Lizuka