One exciting celebration where Costa Ricans look forward to is the Toros ala Tica or Bullfighting the Tico way. This festivity is included in the Festejos Populares during the Christmas Holidays. The event took place in the Zapote fairgrounds in San Jose and the bullring is opened on December 26th. It is a bullfight without shedding any blood, just be sure you can run faster than the bull.
Find more info about other popular celebrations in Costa Rica.
• There can be five to thirty people inside the ring where they turn teasing and make fun of the bull.
• If the bull start to get angry and chase anyone inside the ring, you should run and jumps fast over the fence for safety.
• You’ll wonder how the bull feels at this comedic event while he waits for anyone brave enough to jump inside the bullring again.
• It is prohibited by a National Law to kill a bull in Costa Rica.
• And it is a big headache for Red Cross personnel as they are always on stand by to rescue those who didn’t get out in time.
Encuentra más información sobre otras celebraciones en Costa Rica.
- Photo By: jomocacr